Wood Horse Year 2141
This calendar is intended for practitioners of Tibetan Buddhism. It shows the cycle of twelve months according to the Tibetan lunar calendar in relationship with corresponding months and days of the Western calendar. The regular holy days as well as special days of Tibetan and Buddhist festivals are indicated.
The 8th Moon, Full Moon, New Moon and eclipse days are special days for any wholesome action. The 10th and 25th of the Tibetan calendar are days of Tsok-Rituals of Tantra.
Our Sangha practices on the following lunar days:
- 8th day of the lunar month: Medicine Buddha practice
- 10th day of the lunar month: Rigdzin Dupa (Guru Rinpoche practice) with tsog
- 15th day of the lunar month: Manjushri practice and Bodhisattva vows
- 25th day of the lunar month: Yumka practice (Dakini Day) with tsog
- 29th day of the lunar month: Vajrakilaya and Heart Sutra practice (Vajrakilaya practice can also be done on the 9th and 19th lunar day. Our Sangha has been instructed by our Spiritual Director to practice on the 29th lunar day.)
- 30th day of the lunar month: 100 Deity practice and tsog